WEBINAR: COVID-19 Specimen Collection Procedures for Long-Term Care
The webinar will be recorded. If you are not able to attend the live webinar but wish to view the recorded webinar, please register using the above link so we can send you a copy of the recording.
The Washington State Department of Health’s Healthcare Associated Infections Program will host a webinar on COVID-19 specimen collection procedures. This webinar is provided for long-term care facilities conducting COVID-19 testing, especially those included in Dr. John Wiesman’s order for COVID-19 testing of residents and staff of nursing homes and assisted living facilities with memory care units.
Who should attend?
- Long-term care, especially Assisted Living Facilities with memory care units
- Local health jurisdictions
- Review step-by-step procedures for nasal and nasopharyngeal specimen collection
- Review the types of personal protective equipment (PPE) staff should wear during specimen collection and procedures for donning and doffing
- Provide information on how to properly fill out laboratory paperwork
For questions, contact: HAI-COVID@doh.wa.gov