Soul Injury: Liberating Unmourned Loss and Unforgiven Guilt
by Wanda Kontur, MSW, Care Chaplaincy Health Care
2.0 CEU’s available to all members who attend.
The Differences Between Hospice & Palliative Care
presented by: Dan Dillashaw with Providence Hospice & Julie Ostling with Assured Home Health
Discussion about the differences between hospice and palliative care.
1.0 hour of CE available for members who attend.
Paid Family Medical Leave
Presented by: Tarissa Smith, Employment Security Department
1.0 CE hour is available for all members who attend.
presented by Brain Injury Alliance of Washington
Attendees will walk away from this presentation with an understanding of:
- A brief overview of Brain Injury and how it may present
- How to support adults with Brain Injury
- Free supports available to you through the Brain Injury Alliance of Washington
2.0 hours of CE are available for members who attend.
Anita Redline, Attorney at Law
Helping People with Dementia be their Best Selves
by Allyson Schrier
- biology of dementia (common forms, causes, diagnosis and progression)
- “behavioral expressions” – understanding them and communication techniques to reduce them
- Dr. Allen Power’s Dementia Domains of Well-being (tips on how to help those with dementia be their best selves despite a diagnosis)
1.0 hour of CE for members who attend.
How Caregiver Language, Mindset and the “Yes, and” Mentality Affects Care Outcomes for Residents with Dementia
Gaile Edrozo, RN, BSN Clinical Trainer and Infection Control Nurse
1.5 Hours of CE for Adult Family Home Council members who attend